There are four main types or categories of bookcases. Under these four major categories are arrays of different bookcase styles which may fit your space. Each type comes in numerous sizes, finishes and shapes allowing you the certainty you will find something to meet your taste and present home or office decor.
- Corner bookcases are made to use space in little rooms by providing a great deal of terrific corner storage. By decorating your home’s corner area you can add plenty of practical organization and trendy flair.
- Ladder bookcases are sleek and freestanding, so they are a fantastic decoration piece for your residence. They have a fairly contemporary design and work great in tight spaces.
The main types of bookcases are:
- Barrister Bookcases – A barrister Bookcase works best in huge rooms, since they take up plenty of floor space. They feature glass doors that slide from the framework to protect the books, and have big shelves made to accommodate tall items. This sort of bookcase would be acceptable for persons that collect classic books as the books are stored protected in the glass case.
- Modular Bookcases – Modular Bookcases are great for any kind of room. They come in sets which can be stacked to make a tall bookcase that will utilize wall area, or they may be stretched out along or across an area to use floor space. They can even be split so every unit is one bookcase. This feature enables them to be applied as a bookcase in addition to function as beautification for the space. These bookcases are said to be multifunctional. They come in a vast array of sizes and shapes from conventional squares to modern triangles.
- Leaning bookcases – Leaning Bookcases are open backed so that they contrast against the wall adding visual interest. A leaning bookcase generally has an A frame that tapers down. Due to this frame most leaning bookcases can be exhibited as a top rated nursery book shelves and reviews. They supply great utilization of space and because the back is open providing a view of the wall they will also give aesthetics.
- Shelf bookcases – Ultimately the Most frequent type is the shelf bookcase where the term bookshelf or bookshelves takes its cue. As the name Implies, these are basically shelves organized to hold different size books and these book shelves may be open-backed or closed-backed. The most common are the 2-shelf, 3-shelf and 4-shelf bookcases although a reasonable number of 5 and 6-shel bookcases also make their way into book-loving houses, offices and libraries.